SHEA SISTERHOOD CO-OP
From the very beginning...
Shea has always been an important story at Perfectly Posh.
Did You Know? The Healer is Perfectly Posh's best-selling shea butter Skin Stick. It was the FIRST product Ann developed before Perfectly Posh launched. With over 750,000 sold to date, it remains a top seller at Perfectly Posh. Another fun fact is that Perfectly Posh currently has 41 products made with shea, which is why we are so excited to share with you the Shea Sisterhood Co-Op!
In order for the Shea Sisterhood Co-Op to be a success, we need your help with two simple things:
FIRST: use more SHEA!
SECOND: get everyone else to use more SHEA!
To get a better understanding of the Shea Sisterhood, you must know these four key elements:
1) An understanding of why shea is so amazing as an ingredient and in a partnership, plus the important role it plays at Posh.
2) Learning about our membership in the Global Shea Alliance, and how bringing the entire shea universe to work together benefits everyone.
3) An awareness campaign to help Consultants tell the story of shea, how much good it does in pampering products, and across the globe: I Shea, Bae!
4) Opportunities for the YDI Foundation to contribute equipment, training, and facilities as we grow the Sisterhood Co-Op and our friendships in Africa.
In the coming year, Perfectly Posh commits to:
- Designate all GSA-sourced shea products as such with a logo on packaging, on your website, and catalog.
- Transition all products containing shea to GSA-sourced shea with our manufacturers to help support as many cooperatives as possible.
- Encourage our suppliers to source their shea through GSA distributors so we can increase the use of GSA shea.
- Continue to develop products that utilize shea and the great pampering properties it brings.
- To continue offering products with high shea content as a fundraiser to support more initiatives in Africa to help improve the lives of women who supply our shea.
As you buy and use shea, you help us increase the demand. Your efforts help directly support collectives and improving the lives of women in our Shea Sisterhood. On behalf of The You Deserve It Foundation, Perfectly Posh is offering a special product that will donate a portion of its proceeds to community building Global Shea Alliance projects.
Currently, Perfectly Posh is offering the Always Ghana Love You Chunk. It features a RIDICULOUS amounts of GSA-sourced shea butter - 25% MORE!
We look forward to sharing our progress and projects with you!
For more information on the Global Shea Alliance, click here.